Mixed-media paper crafter; stamper, freelance craft tutor, designer of PaperArtsy JOFY stamps

26 May 2015

A Birthday Treasure Hunt...

... for my nephew's birthday. We're giving him money as a gift, and to make it a bit more interesting I planned a mini treasure hunt for him - he solves a clue (cryptic rhyming clues no less!) & goes off around the house to find the envelopes containing loot... and carries on until he reaches the birthday cake!


I hope he has as much fun going on his little treasure hunt as I had writing the clues and making the envelopes. lol

(I especially enjoyed making the envelopes! - they're so cute - 7.5x10cm! Its a Sizzix die (Tim Holtz, Movers & Shakers die - Pocket Envelope), as are the numbers (Serif Essential Numbers) on each envelope...)

I made him a card too... used a really quick'n'easy brayered background (I wanted it to look 'rough'), a Stampotique image, JOFY circles and chevrons... & I couldn't resist a bit of gold embossing - even boys like a bit a bit of bling!



x
Share:

5 comments

  1. Just perfect Jo! Hope that he loves it as much as you! X

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh thats a great card for a boy Jo!! wicked stamp I bet he loves it! oh and the treasure at the end lol xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely!! great idea to add a bit of a challenge to the birthday loot!! BTW, do you remember what you used for the glittery embossing on the flowers you used on the cards at BiB at the beginning of May? thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Gillian.. its a WOW embossing powder.. I think they stock it at BitB. x

      Delete
    2. Thnx, trying to resist the trip - spend too much money, but needs must!!!

      Delete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig